A creamy spicy sun dried tomato sauce that’s simple and quick to make. Uses simple ingredients which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner. Vegan and gluten free when using your favourite gluten free pasta.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 500g uncooked pasta
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic gloves, minced (2 tbsp)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 210mL sun dried tomatoes (jarred in oil, with garlic and herbs included), drained from any oil
- 500mL roasted red bell peppers with liquid (or 2 large red bell peppers roasted in the oven if doing your own)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Chop cauliflower into pieces, slices onion, chop garlic and to baking tray with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast cauliflower for about 20 mins or until tender with a bit of colour.
Boil water for pasta. And cook according to package
Add cauliflower (with onions and garlic), sun dried tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, nutritional yeast, almond milk, and salt/ pepper to the blender and blend until smooth.
Heat ,on medium low, 1/2 tsp of olive oil to a large sauce pan. Add oregano and chilli flakes for about 30 secs. Add sauce from the blender and heat through. Add chopped spinach and stir till wilted.
Add finished sauce to cook/drained pasta.