- Drinking a sip of water after ever contraction. Sometimes I would throw it up but it was good to try to get hydration. A hydrated cervix is a happy cervix
- “low-sugar” Electro light drinks like coconut water and Ener-C
- Urinating every 30 mins or more often in early labour when I left I needed to.
- “Mood” Lighting – Keeping the lights dim. Closing me eyes during every contraction and really focusing on controlled breathing.
- Essential Oils – Diffusing essential oils to help with relaxation and stress
- My Birth Partner – Having my husband there to support me through contractions and be on the same page as to what I wanted to accomplish. Words of encouragement are a huge motivation.
- Moving into Different Positions- squatting, child pose over birthing ball, laying on my side, leaning against my birth partner, lunging up the stairs and leaning against the shower wall
- Bath/ shower – The hot shower on my back helped during contractions for my back labour. The bath was good to get into different positions that were hard out of the water due to pain or the heaviness of my pregnant body.
- Inspirational music. I played Christian music during my whole labour. Some songs that always help me through rough situations are below.
- Oceans – Hallsong
Sprit lead me where my trust is without boarders let me walk upon the waters whenever you would call me. My faith will be made stronger in the presences of my savior
- He Said- Group 1 Crew
He said I wont give more, more then you can take and I might let you bend but I wont let you break. I wont ever let you go., don’t you forget what he said.
- Holy Spirit – Francesca Battistelli
Holy Spirit you are welcome here. Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Let us become more aware of your presences.